Looking for RX-7 (or turbo Miata or RX-8)

List your for sale, or wanted, items here. Pictures are required for all FS items. Minimum post count of 10 for selling any item.
Ranger

Looking for RX-7 (or turbo Miata or RX-8)

Postby Ranger » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:14

Hey folks, long time no see! Good to see this forum is still alive. I haven't been here much since I sold my FD, but recently I've been thinking about getting back into a Mazda. I've been stalking craigslist, but I thought I'd post here too. I'm mainly looking for a clean, street-able RX-7 (of any generation), but might be interested in a turbo / SC Miata or RX-8 as well. Budget is flexible depending on the car, but I don't want to spend more than around $20K. I'm not interested in projects, drift cars, dedicated track cars, or anything else that's mostly going to sit in my garage or make me hate my life while commuting in traffic. The car would be my daily driver in the summer, and occasionally see some light track use.

Requirements:

- Must pass emissions
- Working (or very close to working) A/C, heat, radio, speedo and tach, windows, etc.
- Manual transmission
- Good paint (or at least no rust if it's an older car)
- No red, yellow, or matte / satin finishes

If you've got something or know of something, post up or PM me. Thanks!

D Walker

Postby D Walker » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:14

Dillon I have a titanium grey Greddy turbocharged RX8 in the shop right now that is for sale, will have a fresh motor and just gone through everything within the next couple of weeks. Interior is very good to excellent, has a Veilside front lip, sideskirts, Enkei wheels, etc. The trans is solid and as I just said, everything related to the motor- all internals, wp, injectors, flywheel, clutch, etc is all new or like new. Call me and I will be glad to give you the details and bottom line.

ETA-
This isnt a project car, its a daily driver that had a new engine incorrectly installed and was brought to me to correct the issues, engine is apart and I can end pics of the Brand Spanky NEW housings and Irons, etc.. When the car is together it runs and drives like it should, AC, Cruise, etc all works and you wont have to do anything but drive it. We have done several RX8 street/track cars and with very simple mods they make awesome dual purpose cars.
1986 Turbo FC race car, S6 13b, GOOPY Apex seals etc, GT35R, AEM EMS, lots more good stuff

RX8 World Chalenge Touring Car #7
RX8 World Challenge Touring Car #8

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:14

D Walker wrote:Dillon I have a titanium grey Greddy turbocharged RX8 in the shop right now that is for sale, will have a fresh motor and just gone through everything within the next couple of weeks. Interior is very good to excellent, has a Veilside front lip, sideskirts, Enkei wheels, etc. The trans is solid and as I just said, everything related to the motor- all internals, wp, injectors, flywheel, clutch, etc is all new or like new. Call me and I will be glad to give you the details and bottom line.

ETA-
This isnt a project car, its a daily driver that had a new engine incorrectly installed and was brought to me to correct the issues, engine is apart and I can end pics of the Brand Spanky NEW housings and Irons, etc.. When the car is together it runs and drives like it should, AC, Cruise, etc all works and you wont have to do anything but drive it. We have done several RX8 street/track cars and with very simple mods they make awesome dual purpose cars.

Does this 8 have graphics on it at all. A vielside front lip with the OEM side skirts?

ImageImage

D Walker

Postby D Walker » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:14

No graphics, just the lip and skirts...
1986 Turbo FC race car, S6 13b, GOOPY Apex seals etc, GT35R, AEM EMS, lots more good stuff

RX8 World Chalenge Touring Car #7

RX8 World Challenge Touring Car #8

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:14

D Walker wrote:No graphics, just the lip and skirts...

I know that car. So it's a positive on the vielside lip? If so I know the car. I sold him the lip back in 05-06. I decided to go with the INGs bumper instead. The guy drove around for a few years on the Greddy kit without even tuning it. He would just putt around.

ImageImage

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:14

holy crap dude.. been a long time..
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:14

Hey Ranger danger, that's twice you've abandoned me..nice to see you back!

Ok, ok...you can have my whip for your budgeted $20k. But not a penny more-
one and one makes two, together we are free

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:14

kingtut wrote:Ok, ok...you can have my whip for your budgeted $20k. But not a penny more-

20k, you are practically giving the car away, what a deal :rolleyes:
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Ranger

Postby Ranger » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:14

kingtut wrote:Hey Ranger danger, that's twice you've abandoned me..nice to see you back!

Ok, ok...you can have my whip for your budgeted $20k. But not a penny more-

LOL, I saw you posted in here and knew this was coming.

Don, I think I've ruled out a turbo 8, thanks though. At this point I'm probably just going to look for a clean Miata and supercharge it. Easiest way to get what I'm after, plus I miss having a convertible. The lack of clean 7s out there right now is kind of astounding.

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”