FOR SALE: 1976 Mazda Cosmo RX5

List your for sale, or wanted, items here. Pictures are required for all FS items. Minimum post count of 10 for selling any item.
D Walker

FOR SALE: 1976 Mazda Cosmo RX5

Postby D Walker » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:14

Selling my RX5 Cosmo project. Car is partially disassembled for paint but is easily restored to streetable condition. Runs and drives.

GOOD-

FC (appears to be S4) 13B installed with original cosmo front vcover using original motor mount.
ACT clutch and flywheel
FC 5 speed transmission installed, might need a shifter bushing but otherwise works perfect
Racing beat dellorto carb kit, with mechanical choke (will actually start when its freezing cold)
fCustom front and rear coliovers
Aluminum period correct mag wheels
fuel cell, electric fuel pump, and regulator all installed
Body is very straight with the exception of a few small dents and the passenger fender
All chrome is still with the car and in decent shape
The BAD

Carb needs jetting if your going to run it up here, it seems very fat on the top end of the rev band
Fuel cell is a PITA to fill if not filling at the pump, using a fuel jug results in a spill in the trunk unless your very careful. this is easily solved by simply swapping out the current filler and running a tube to the OEM fuel filler
Pass fender has been a bit damaged and will require either metal work to repair or replacement.
Interior needs to be completely redone. My plan, and suggestion, is to do a set of racing buckets for the front seats and have the carpet and rear seat done to match.
rear diff is welded. This is no issue if your going to drift the car, but makes it a little irritating to drive on the street. Swapping out the rear axle with one from an early RX7 is a very attractive option.

THIS CAR IS A PROJECT. I do have the title etc in hand.
Asking $3000 cash moneis, which is a pretty sweet deal for the car as is. I also have a turbo FC motor in boxes (that means apart, needing assembly) that I would make the buyer of the car a very good deal on. I am also interested in some trades, such as modern sportbikes, cafe bikes, possibly early Miatas, etc.
1986 Turbo FC race car, S6 13b, GOOPY Apex seals etc, GT35R, AEM EMS, lots more good stuff

RX8 World Chalenge Touring Car #7
RX8 World Challenge Touring Car #8

Dwduc

Postby Dwduc » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:14

It is a sweet little car. Hope it finds a good home!

millertime

Postby millertime » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:14

Will vouch for the car, I've seen it and although it needs some work it is a cool little machine.

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”