FS: 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

List your for sale, or wanted, items here. Pictures are required for all FS items. Minimum post count of 10 for selling any item.
roninsoldier83

FS: 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Postby roninsoldier83 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:14

***************************SOLD********************************

You guys know me, I go through cars quickly :o Although, selling this one is for a good purpose: helping me to pay off the last of my unsecured debt. I'll be sad to see her go, but, it is what it is. If you guys happen to know anyone interested in an MSM, feel free to let me know. Ad copied from other forums:

Hello there! Today, I'm putting up for sale my 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata / MX-5. For those who aren't familiar, this car was the only factory turbocharged Miata that Mazda ever built. They made around 5000 of them in the model years 2004 and 2005; so its a fairly rare vehicle. This particular car has been fairly well kept. I am the second owner and have clean title in hand. The car has a clean Carfax history, no accidents or other history issues to speak of. It currently has 81,000 miles on the clock.

The car runs great and needs nothing! It just passed emissions back in March with ease. The engine is very strong and the transmission/clutch shift very well. The car is an absolute riot to drive and the turbo gives it significantly more mid-range torque (as well as high end power) over normal NB Miata's. It handles amazingly well and comes from the factory with Bilstein shocks and a sporty suspension. The tires have plenty of thread, the windshield is in perfect condition, the top has no tears to speak of and the brake pads have plenty of life left in them. The interior is also in great shape; the dash has no cracks, the OEM Bose stereo works great and the seats have no tears in them. The car truly does not need anything per se.

I'm selling the car due to my current situation. I hardly ever get a chance to drive the car anymore due to my family situation and schedule, as the 2-seater doesn't exactly excel at hauling around a family. Also, since buying my current house, I have nowhere to store the car, as our other vehicles take up garage space. I'm also looking to start a rather large home project and am selling the car to help fund it. To boot, as much as I love my MSM, we already have two other sporty (4-door) cars in the garage, so its hard to justify a third sitting outside.

The car will come with the original owners manual, a tonneau cover and a car bra for the front end.

In the interest of full disclosure, there are only a few issues issues of note:

-There are a few small pebble sized dings in the hood. Overall, its really not bad for a 10 year old car with an aluminum hood, and I only notice them when looking at a certain angle, but I figured I would mention them anyway.
-There are also rock chips on the side mirrors. Again, it is to be expected for a 10 year old car, but I just wanted to mention it.
-The driver side power window rolls up fairly slowly. Really, the window rail just needs a good cleaning and re-greasing. I have a tube of Shin Etsu grease specifically designed for this purpose; I just haven't found the time to take it apart and clean/grease it. It's really not a hard job, just a bit time consuming. It rolls up and down just fine, it just takes longer than it should to roll up.
-The car consumes a bit of oil. Nothing crazy, but around 0.5 quarts every 1000 miles or so. Not sure where the leak is exactly, but it really hasn't been anything I would consider problematic. Just something of note. I don't see any leaks, but suspect it might be either a PCV valve or a turbo seal. Hard to tell though.
-The car needs a new reverse/back-up light sensor. They're relatively cheap (~$60) and would be easy to install. I just realized the wire to the sensor was damaged a few days ago and haven't ordered a new one yet. If the car doesn't sell quickly, I'll order one and install it myself. It doesn't affect driveability whatsoever, its just something of note.

That really sums it up. The car is mechanically stock and is in pretty good shape. The only modifications to the car are a FM check valve (if you do a search you'll see its a precautionary mod to help reduce oil consumption) as well as a moderate foamectomy. Other than that, the vehicle is stock and shows no signs of being modified by the previous owner (or myself for that matter).

KBB says that the car is worth $8380 in “Very Good” condition and $8187 in “Good” condition. I'm only asking $7000, which I believe is more than fair given the very minor issues with the vehicle. I'm open to reasonable offers, but I would appreciate the courtesy of not offering me low-ball numbers. I'm not interested in trades of any sort; cash or certified cashiers check only. Test drives will be given only to serious buyers with cash in hand.

Please feel free to shoot me a message with any questions you might have and I'll be glad to answer them as soon as I can.

Thanks for the interest!

-Brandon

AKA- [color="Blue"]arctic_blue83[/color]
Mine: 2015 Subaru WRX
Hers: 2013 Subaru WRX

Mortose

Postby Mortose » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:14

Where were you 6 months ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:14

Mortose wrote:Where were you 6 months ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sell Miata to drifter/stancer. Buy Mazdaspeed Miata. Problem solved.

Mortose

Postby Mortose » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:14

Saul, you have no idea how tempting that is.

roninsoldier83

Postby roninsoldier83 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:14

Mortose wrote:Where were you 6 months ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Sorry buddy, apparently my ability to sense the future has been somewhat diminished. :D

If you're able to sell your Miata and are interested, let me know. :)

I'll let you guys know when it sells, which I'm sure won't take too long.

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:14

roninsoldier83 wrote::lol:

Sorry buddy, apparently my ability to sense the future has been somewhat diminished. :D

If you're able to sell your Miata and are interested, let me know. :)

I'll let you guys know when it sells, which I'm sure won't take too long.

$7000
81k miles

Should go quick. Also see if the Peak to Peak guys are interested.

roninsoldier83

Postby roninsoldier83 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:14

Sold!

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:14

that was quick
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

erod550

Postby erod550 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:14

Really would like to get one of these someday. Mine is so painfully old and slow, heh.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:14

Well that was fast (on both counts, the buying and selling!). Do you plan to hang on to the ST for a little bit, or are you going to kick that to the curb soon?

You know me, my eyes still wander. On occasion, I think about dumping the Miata and the ST, but think I'm in both for a while yet (especially the Miata...that one's cheap enough that I couldn't sell it for anything worthwhile anyway.)
[color="RoyalBlue"]1992 Miata Project[/color]

roninsoldier83

Postby roninsoldier83 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:14

Huzer wrote:Well that was fast (on both counts, the buying and selling!). Do you plan to hang on to the ST for a little bit, or are you going to kick that to the curb soon?

You know me, my eyes still wander. On occasion, I think about dumping the Miata and the ST, but think I'm in both for a while yet (especially the Miata...that one's cheap enough that I couldn't sell it for anything worthwhile anyway.)

Honestly, I never planned on keeping the ST long term, as it was meant to reduce my overall debt level and monthly payment until a better financial time came along.

I've already invested in snow tires for the ST, so I'll at least keep it through the winter. Next year it'll likely get traded in for a new WRX w/CVT- as I really loved it when I drove it, but couldn't justify the price at the time. Next year my financial situation changes drastically for the better. Until then, I really like the ST and am still enjoying driving it.

roninsoldier83

Postby roninsoldier83 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:14

erod550 wrote:Really would like to get one of these someday. Mine is so painfully old and slow, heh.

I liked my MSM, but if I had it to do all over again (I suppose I do, now?), I likely would have gotten a naturally aspired Miata (NA or NB) and just supercharged it to avoid all the cooling issues and such that come along with a turbo car. I just got the MSM for so cheap (right around what I sold it for), that it made sense. Just my $.02

erod550

Postby erod550 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:14

I'm too afraid that stuff will start falling apart on mine if I give it more power. And right now it's my only car (for the same reason of reducing overall debt until I get some other stuff paid off) so I can't afford to break it.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way

1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:

2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0

2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT

2005 Flame Red SRT-4

roninsoldier83

Postby roninsoldier83 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:14

erod550 wrote:I'm too afraid that stuff will start falling apart on mine if I give it more power. And right now it's my only car (for the same reason of reducing overall debt until I get some other stuff paid off) so I can't afford to break it.

That makes sense; I understand completely.

When did you get rid of the Mustang? I lament the loss, but I know it feels good to have more money in your pocket. :)

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”