Hello Everyone!

Introduce yourself! How did you hear about us?
SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:14

Greek8 / Jimmy,

Told'm to talk to you cuz you know ur shit on turbo'd rx8's :)
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

MS3_Mafia

Postby MS3_Mafia » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:14

Welcome to the the Club! Come meet up with us tonight at Sonic in Lakewood off Alameda by Green Mountain. :)
2007 Mazdaspeed3 Sport</span>
-Mazdaspeed Short Ram Intake
-HKS SSQV Bov
-Tein S-Tech Springs
-225/40/18 Nitto Neo Gen Tires on RX-8 Wheels

<span style="color:#FF0000">http://www.JTuned.com

bmwzoom

Postby bmwzoom » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:14

HELLO! And welcome! You should come to the meet/cruise tonight at Sonic... see the Sonic Meet thread for more information :D

supernatural006

Postby supernatural006 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:14

Ok, there were some other kits that I was looking at...but you are right, it was the cheapest kit and I've noticed that a lot of people have them. My mechanic said he wants to make a custom one and it will cost around $6000. Either way, I am enjoying my car as is, though I really do want a spoiler though...lol. I really wish i could hang out tonight...I have to drive to Gilette Wyoming tonight, for work, but I will be back tomorrow. Please let me know the next time you guys get together. So what turbo kit do you recommend? If you do not mind me asking on this post.

Army RX8

Postby Army RX8 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:14

Welcome to the club. I think you make the 4th Ti Grey 8 on the club. Where are you located springs region or denver?

Colombia28

Postby Colombia28 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:14

Welcome to the club!
2008 Cosmic Blue Speed3 - NEW :D
2006 Copper Red Mica 3 hatch - SOLD :(
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

TheNewBlack

Postby TheNewBlack » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:14

Welcome
2013 FRS

supernatural006

Postby supernatural006 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Army RX8 @ Jul 20 2008, 07:02 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=57276]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Welcome to the club. I think you make the 4th Ti Grey 8 on the club. Where are you located springs region or denver?[/b]

I am located near denver (Lakewood to be exact).

rx8ghost

Postby rx8ghost » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:14

The Greddy turbo kit is actually good up to 15.5 PSI but not with out a fuel system upgrade. Not too many N/A cars you can run over ~10psi with out upgrading the fuel system. All the kits can get you to 300RWHP but look at the long term goal cuz if you want more the Greddy will take a lot of work but the other kits will give you more than needed for 300RWHP. No offense to Jimmy but all I've spent months doing is learning rotaries and turbos so I think I might be a little bit more knowledgeable so if you need anything feel free to message me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mods:
Veilside D1-GT Body kit, Axailflow Short Shifter, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, Proshift Gauges, Greddy Turbo Kit w/ Cobb AccessPORT, TurboXS exhaust w/ race pipe, CarPC, Synapse BOV, AEM Intake

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (supernatural006 @ Jul 20 2008, 05:55 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=57273]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Ok, there were some other kits that I was looking at...but you are right, it was the cheapest kit and I've noticed that a lot of people have them. My mechanic said he wants to make a custom one and it will cost around $6000. Either way, I am enjoying my car as is, though I really do want a spoiler though...lol. I really wish i could hang out tonight...I have to drive to Gilette Wyoming tonight, for work, but I will be back tomorrow. Please let me know the next time you guys get together. So what turbo kit do you recommend? If you do not mind me asking on this post.[/b]

I personally don't want to recommend a kit because it is more or less what setup you prefer and want to go with. Mazsport.net has a few kits out varying in power and setup. PTP and Esmeril have kits that produce, depending on vehicle 300whp out of the box with up to 340 even more with a better ignition system. The Esmeril kit runs about 8-9psi out of the box. I don't think the Greddy kit makes anywhere near that much at 9psi because it cannot flow enough air passed 7k rpm. I know you can do it @ 10psi with an upgraded turbo, injectors, and fuelpump on the greddy kit. It's not all about who pushes the most PSI but who makes the most power. I personally think that people want to be able to say they run more boost than everyone else but that necessarily IMHO is not always best. I have spent a lot of time learning about rotaries as well. I do not know everything and only know a very little but have been reading and learning from various places since before I got the car. Always research before you buy. I have never been a fan of the greddy kit for it's lack of power out of the box and also it not being able to make power past 7k rpm.

Look to my next page and there are some graphs I stole from RX8club.com of different kits.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Army RX8 @ Jul 20 2008, 07:02 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=57276]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Welcome to the club. I think you make the 4th Ti Grey 8 on the club. Where are you located springs region or denver?[/b]

Yeah right. It's more like the 15th TiGray on here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (supernatural006 @ Jul 21 2008, 12:47 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=57331]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I am located near denver (Lakewood to be exact).[/b]

What are the major cross streets? Mebe we will run into eachother one day.

ImageImage

rx8ghost

Postby rx8ghost » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:14

It doesn't matter how much power you make if you don't see it till 5K+ rpms. If you're doing autocross than honestly the greddy kit or the esmeril with a smaller turbo would be best. I have almost no lag and see full boost at about ~2500. In autocross you'll never make it past 7k rpm so it doesn't matter what the turbo does past that. You really have to look at overall use not what power is made. If you want straight line sepnd the $10000 and get the stage 3 Mazsport kit if you want drift or autocross get the Greddy and save lots of money.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mods:
Veilside D1-GT Body kit, Axailflow Short Shifter, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, Proshift Gauges, Greddy Turbo Kit w/ Cobb AccessPORT, TurboXS exhaust w/ race pipe, CarPC, Synapse BOV, AEM Intake

GR-8

If you take a look at the graph below you can see all the major kits up there except for the Esmeril. If you want to see the Esmeril just compare it to the SFR and/or PTP kits and costing a little under 7k. Here is a link to the Esmeril Graph at 8-9psi.

Take a look at the red line on the graph, The greddy kit. Around 6500 rpm it just falls flat on it's face. But people say there is no turbo lag. So what I say. Look at the other kits down low they are below the greddy kit but around 4.5-5k rpm the more powerful kits are making more power sooner and can go well up to 8.5rpm where a stock rx-8 power starts to fall. I would rather start really making power at 3.5k rpm and keep it going to redline than have it start making power at 2.5k and stopping at 6.5k. If you think about it a Stock 8 doesn't start really making power until about 5500 rpm so any kit that makes power before than really wont have noticeable turbo lag.

Research on the kits and decide for yourself on which is best for you and your needs.

(Also please not that the greedy kit on the graphs below is at 10psi. So out of the box it makes much less power @ 6-7psi. So I'm sure that car had a few upgrades done to it.)

Wheel horsepower:

Torque:

Image[/QUOTE]

ImageImage

GR-8

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RX 8 Ghost @ Jul 21 2008, 03:38 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=57339]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
It doesn't matter how much power you make if you don't see it till 5K+ rpms. If you're doing autocross than honestly the greddy kit or the esmeril with a smaller turbo would be best. I have almost no lag and see full boost at about ~2500. In autocross you'll never make it past 7k rpm so it doesn't matter what the turbo does past that. You really have to look at overall use not what power is made. If you want straight line sepnd the $10000 and get the stage 3 Mazsport kit if you want drift or autocross get the Greddy and save lots of money.[/b]

If your doing autocross you will be well above 4k rpm the majority of the track and will have opprotunity to get to redline. The majority of the time you will be around 30 mph which sets you well above 4.5k rpm so it will matter where you make the power at the end. The other kits also give the 8 more torque compared to the greddy kit. 1k in lag is not much a difference at all on a car that just flies through the rpm in the first place. You will only be starting from a roll in autocross once. The rest of the time you will and should be in the high rpm if you want to get a good time. Same with drifting you want your power where you need it most. Lag has nothing to do with autocross since you are moving and gonna be in the high rpm's 90% of the course. 2nd gear doesn't top out till 60+ MPH so you should be good on an autox course with a turbo that may lag a little at launch. In the end it will be making more power in to and out of the corner than a kit that has a baby turbo and can't push much air. Not sure what speed the car is at in second gear at 6k rpm but if I can go 60 in second at redline I'd rather do that then go 60 at 6k rpm in third shifting to fourth, because when that turn comes I will not need to downshift to stay in my powerband just leave it in second.

Mazsport is well overpriced. The other its in the 7k range have all componnents with the kit. Upgraded injectors, Fuel pumps, BOV, and much more than what the greddy kit offers out of the box. That is why they cost more.

ImageImage

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:14

Welcome to the club.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

GR-8

What Spoiler are you looking to get?

ImageImage

Return to “New Member Forum”