Call Me Pre-Owned...Not New

Introduce yourself! How did you hear about us?
Stealth01

Call Me Pre-Owned...Not New

Postby Stealth01 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:14

Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I've been here, but I thought I'd give the new-look CMZC a spin and catch up with some old friends.

I missed the club, but being gone for awhile was the right thing to do. I think you'll find me a mellower, less confrontational, better-behaved Stealth01 now, as things in my life are settling down a bit.

Can't wait to start catching up with people -- and I am going to try like HECK to get to the event on May 30.

bmwzoom

Postby bmwzoom » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:14

Welcome back! We are happy to have you here! :)

Colombia28

Postby Colombia28 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:14

Welcome back! Glad to see you made a return.
2008 Cosmic Blue Speed3 - NEW :D
2006 Copper Red Mica 3 hatch - SOLD :(
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Stealth01

Thanks, guys! Andrew, man, I hope you're feeling better. Helmets are the smartest things ever -- one saved my brain during a bicycle accident a few years....well a decade and a half ago.

Colombia28

Postby Colombia28 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:14

Thanks^! Helmet on the mountain from now on forever!
2008 Cosmic Blue Speed3 - NEW :D
2006 Copper Red Mica 3 hatch - SOLD :(
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

AIM WO4

Postby AIM WO4 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:14

If anyone ever needs help being mellow... LOL

Welcome back!
AIM WO4
[color=#339966][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=gray]CMZƆ[/color][/color][/font]
[size=75]2012 Sinful Sallow, Evo X GSR[/SIZE]

Stealth01

Colombia28 wrote:Thanks^! Helmet on the mountain from now on forever!

I know I won't get on my bike without mine. I came away from that accident with a separated A/C joint, numerous cuts and abrasions, and a broken helmet. But my brains stayed inside my skull.

I'll try to get an "update" posted sometime soon, to let everyone (who cares, anyway...) what's gone on in my life the last few months.

Just know that I'm ecstatic to be back in the CMZC, and ready to start tagging Mazdas again!
Stealth01
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

bmwzoom

Postby bmwzoom » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:14

Stealth01 wrote:
Just know that I'm ecstatic to be back in the CMZC, and ready to start tagging Mazdas again!

Yippie! We could use more taggers! lol

Stealth01

All right...so what have I been doing since....errr...whenever it was I left?

Well, I changed employers. I went from being a defense contractor to a department of the army civilian employee. Same exact job, same desk. Same salary, actually. Just a less competent payroll department and more political BS. Plus job stability.

When I left, things were bad at home. Very bad. My daughter -- now 19 -- had gotten into some very bad stuff, and it was difficult for all of us to go through. While we're not 100% better, things are looking up. She's making better decisions now, seems to be trying to turn her life around, and just needs a job to be able to get back on her feet. (So if anyone knows of employers hiring college students in the Springs, let me know!)

I was active over at Ricekiller.com for awhile, but I managed to get myself banned there for, not surprisingly, duking it out with a moderator. That's OK -- that site sucks now anyway. Still semi-active over at 6club.com and a bit at 6crew.com, but not much.

Still driving the MS6 and still LOVE the car. Putting new rubber on it in August, and the warranty is up in February 2010, so I have to start shopping for an extended warranty before my rear diff bolts shear or my turbo seals start to erode. Of course, once the warranty is up, I should be able to replace those things anyway....

And that brings me to the almighty dollar. Debt. We have it. Not as much as we used to, but 20 years on active duty, a divorce, remarriage, moving, accidents, and so on really put us in the hole. My wife has been FANTASTIC about working through it though, and if things go as she plans, we should be OUT of consumer credit card debt next summer, freeing up $$ for...MODS! I hope, anyway. For now, I plan the tires in the summer, possibly brakes in the fall (will go after market and will install myself...so I'll need help, since I'm mechanically retarded...)

And that covers it, I think. I'm hoping for a HUGE snowstorm so they close Peterson and I can have tomorrow off. But I'm not counting on it...this IS Colorado, after all.
Stealth01

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

Rich

Postby Rich » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:14

Welcome back Stealth :) I saw you around 6club and had wondered why you weren't staying local. Good to hear things are looking up.

MazdaGurl

Postby MazdaGurl » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:14

Glad to have you back! And definitely glad to hear that your daughter is turning her life around. I was thinking about you guys!

Hang in there, you have us again - we'll help you stalk...er....work things out!

It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it.

Greek8: I swear Angie has some sort of freak car.

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:14

welcome back
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

goldrocket

Postby goldrocket » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:14

Glad to see you back man!
Al says
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!:eek:

Stealth01

Postby Stealth01 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:14

goldrocket wrote:Glad to see you back man!

Glad to be back, my friend. How's that RX of yours doing? Obviously it's in the GARAGE today! And tomorrow!
Stealth01

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT

jdmsp

Postby jdmsp » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:14

welcome back!

Return to “New Member Forum”