Who I Am....

Introduce yourself! How did you hear about us?
turbo99jetta

Postby turbo99jetta » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:14

Well lets see where to start... Me and my wife have now owed 3 mazdas and love there product.. I had a 2004 Rx-8 in sunlight silver.. She had a 2005 Mazda 3 S... and now she has a 2007 Mazda Cx-7. I currently have a 2006 VW JETTA GLI with what "Brandon" (STI guy now) calls a cheater box.. lol... I Work for Burt Mazda on Arapahoe as a car salesman, and also do E-bay For the store. Hope all is well and if you have some questions let me know! I'll be More than happy to help you.

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:14

Whats the cheater box?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Freezing Cx7 @ Sep 22 2007, 10:43 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=850]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Well lets see where to start... Me and my wife have now owed 3 mazdas and love there product.. I had a 2004 Rx-8 in sunlight silver.. She had a 2005 Mazda 3 S... and now she has a 2007 Mazda Cx-7. I currently have a 2006 VW JETTA GLI with what "Brandon" (STI guy now) calls a cheater box.. lol... I Work for Burt Mazda on Arapahoe as a car salesman, and also do E-bay For the store. Hope all is well and if you have some questions let me know! I'll be More than happy to help you.[/b]
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:14

I almost drove down a month or so ago to check out the 05 Whitewater RX-8 I saw advertised on craigslist a couple of times.

turbo99jetta

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SpeedRacer @ Sep 22 2007, 10:45 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=853]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Whats the cheater box?[/b]

DSG.. The Direct Shift Gearbox (DSG), also known as S-Tronic or the double-clutch gearbox, is a transmission developed by Audi and Volkswagen. What makes it special is that it can change gears faster than any other geared transmission. The DSG can be shifted either manually or automatically. It delivers more power and better control than a traditional automatic transmission and faster performance than a manual transmission.
The DSG is a development of the sequential manual transmission (SMT), which is essentially a fully-automated manual transmission with a computer-controlled clutch. Before we delve into the workings of the DSG, let's start with an explanation of the SMT.

SMT: The control of a manual with the ease of an automatic
Though it has appeared on a few passenger cars, the SMT is widely used in certain forms of racing and is featured on Ferrari's Enzo supercar.
Cars with SMTs have no clutch pedal; the clutch is automatically engaged. Most SMTs can be shifted automatically or manually, the latter using a shift lever or paddles on the steering wheel. The advantage to an SMT is that it uses a solid coupling, as opposed to a fluid coupling (torque converter) as used in a traditional automatic (including Tiptronic- or manumatic-style transmissions). As with a manual transmission, the SMT provides a direct connection between engine and transmission, allowing 100 percent of the engine's power to be transmitted to the wheels. The SMT provides more immediate response and ensures that the engine RPMs do not drop when the driver lifts off the accelerator (as happens with an automatic), giving her more precise control over power output.

SMTs can also perform matched-rev (or double-clutch) downshifts: When the driver downshifts, the SMT disengages the clutch, shifts to neutral, and re-engages the clutch. The SMT calculates what the engine RPMs will be in the next-lowest gear based on the current road speed, and revs the engine (and, since the clutch is engaged, the transmission) to that speed. It then disengages the clutch, shifts into the lower gear, and re-engages the clutch. The result is a smooth change with no jerk and no sudden deceleration.

SMTs have one major disadvantage, same as a manual: Power must be interrupted while the transmission changes gears.

DSG: An SMT without the lag
The DSG all but eliminates the lag inherent in SMTs. The DSG is essentially two 3-speed gearboxes with a pair of clutches. When the driver starts out, transmission #1 is in first gear and transmission #2 is in second. The clutch engages and the car starts out in first. When it's time to change gears, the DSG uses the clutches to swap transmissions. The #1 transmission immediately shifts to third gear. At the next change the DSG swaps transmissions again, and #2 shifts to fourth. The DSG's computerized controller calculates the next likely gearchange and shifts the "idle" transmission into that gear. The advantage is the speed of gearchanges: The DSG takes about 8 milliseconds to upshift. Compare that to the SMT in the Ferrari Enzo, which takes 150 ms to upshift. It's also significantly faster than a human: According to Audi, the A3 runs 0-60 in 6.9 seconds with a 6-speed manual and 6.7 seconds with the 6-speed DSG. Like the SMT, the DSG performs double-clutch downshifts and can skip gears (i.e. downshifting from 6th directly to 4th, 3rd, etc).

Driving with the DSG
The DSG uses a traditional P-R-N-D-S shift pattern. It can shift automatically in either normal (D) or Sport (S) modes. In Normal mode, the DSG shifts to the higher gears early in order to minimize engine noise and maximize fuel economy. In Sport mode the transmission holds the lower gears longer in order to keep the engine in its powerband. This is especially useful for turbocharged cars like Audi A3, Volkswagen GTI and VW Jetta GLI, since the turbocharger is only active at higher RPMs. Sport mode also provides more aggressive downshifts with slight accelerator pedal pressure.
Manual mode is engaged by either sliding the shift lever to the side or pulling one of the paddles on the steering wheel. Once in manual mode, shifts are made by moving the shifter fore and aft or using the paddles (which are marked " " and "-"). If manual mode was engaged with the paddles, pulling and holding the upshift paddle returns the transmission to automatic mode, allowing the driver to quickly downshift to a lower gear for passing and then hand control back over to the transmission.

turbo99jetta

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Sep 22 2007, 10:45 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=854]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I almost drove done a month or so ago to check out the 05 Whitewater RX-8 I saw advertised on craigslist a couple of times.[/b]

that was a great looking car.. should have... its to bad you went to mazda of lakewood.. we try to make things right.. probably would have never had the problems your having now...

Huzer21

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Freezing Cx7 @ Sep 22 2007, 10:54 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=863]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
that was a great looking car.. should have... its to bad you went to mazda of lakewood.. we try to make things right.. probably would have never had the problems your having now...[/b]

Yeah, I kick myself now. The sales experience was good, but the followup...ugh. As far as the one you guys had, I chatted with someone there about it, I guess the internet sales person.

turbo99jetta

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Sep 22 2007, 10:56 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=865]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Yeah, I kick myself now. The sales experience was good, but the followup...ugh. As far as the one you guys had, I chatted with someone there about it, I guess the internet sales person.[/b]

chris chapman.. he's not a bad guy.. just a little yeah... i dont know.. lazy i guess would be the word for it... but Jake.. (spatty) can tell you about the sales experence with me... if he so chooses...

Huzer21

Yup. Oh well, it's all done. Hopefully, I'm finally fixed up and I can just start enjoying the new ride!

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:14

Okay so you have the same gearbox as a R32 right?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Sep 22 2007, 11:02 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=869]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Yup. Oh well, it's all done. Hopefully, I'm finally fixed up and I can just start enjoying the new ride![/b]
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes

http://www.TitanTuff.com

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:14

welcome, that DSG is cool stuff, I wish other cars had it.... like mine. [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Stealth01

Postby Stealth01 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:14

Welcome. I may come and see you when I'm ready to trade my 6 on the new model. I'm disgusted with Bob Penkhus Mazda and need to find a more reputable dealer to buy from.
Stealth01
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

MazdaGurl

Postby MazdaGurl » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:14

welcome welcome! it's great to have a connection like you! curious, can you help me get my hands on a mazda or custom badge for the trunk of a mazda 3 gt? if so, pm me & we'll talk!

It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it.

Greek8: I swear Angie has some sort of freak car.

turbo99jetta

Postby turbo99jetta » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SpeedRacer @ Sep 22 2007, 11:06 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=870]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Okay so you have the same gearbox as a R32 right?[/b]

as the MK5.... (new body) r32's yes... its pretty amazing...

turbo99jetta

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stealth01 @ Sep 23 2007, 07:46 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=884]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Welcome. I may come and see you when I'm ready to trade my 6 on the new model. I'm disgusted with Bob Penkhus Mazda and need to find a more reputable dealer to buy from.[/b]

sweet let me know.. we are the best in colorado, only gold cup certified dealer (only 25 in the nation get that award from mazda) and President club (again only 25.. deals with Customer satfaction.)) We strive to get it right the first time and not make it hard on anyone!

turbo99jetta

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MazdaGurl @ Sep 23 2007, 08:41 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=891]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
welcome welcome! it's great to have a connection like you! curious, can you help me get my hands on a mazda or custom badge for the trunk of a mazda 3 gt? if so, pm me & we'll talk![/b]

let me know what your loking for... maybe an axela badge? or something????

Return to “New Member Forum”