Turbine tech Front Engine Mount...$200

Post up any Craigslist, Ebay, or any link to a good deal we might be interested in!
Gmoney

Turbine tech Front Engine Mount...$200

Postby Gmoney » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:14

I found this on mazdas247.....This is a good deal for you MS6 peeps, I payed $360 for mine new.
Makes a huge difference in drive-line slop. It will add vibration, but nothing crazy. I don't even notice it anymore. Is a pain to install but well worth it.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123725834
*CP-e CAI
*Turbo Inlet
*ETS 3.5" TMIC
*SU Test Pipe
*RPM Street Springs
*AeroForce Gauge
*RPM LED Side/Rear Markers
*SU Rear Engine mount
*Turbine Tech Front engine mount
*Cp-e Rear Diff Mount
*TurboSmart MBC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

firestoned

Postby firestoned » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:14

Gmoney wrote:I found this on mazdas247.....This is a good deal for you MS6 peeps, I payed $360 for mine new.
Makes a huge difference in drive-line slop. It will add vibration, but nothing crazy. I don't even notice it anymore. Is a pain to install but well worth it.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123725834

<---been waiting for a response from him, I pm'd him earlier. thx for the info

Gmoney

Postby Gmoney » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:14

firestoned wrote:<---been waiting for a response from him, I pm'd him earlier. thx for the info

Glad to hear someone took advantage of it. I only wish I had waited a little longer.......hope you get it.
*CP-e CAI
*Turbo Inlet
*ETS 3.5" TMIC
*SU Test Pipe
*RPM Street Springs
*AeroForce Gauge
*SU Rear Engine mount
*Cp-e Rear Diff Mount
*TurboSmart MBC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

firestoned

Postby firestoned » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:14

I'll be expecting a full write up on the install to help me out, GMONEY

Gmoney

Postby Gmoney » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:14

firestoned wrote:I'll be expecting a full write up on the install to help me out, GMONEY

I will write up something, its not to bad. A few of the bolts are a pain to get to, knuckle busters. I will try and get it done tonight or in the morning tomorrow I will take some pics as well. Glad you got it.......Greg
*CP-e CAI
*Turbo Inlet
*ETS 3.5" TMIC
*SU Test Pipe
*RPM Street Springs
*AeroForce Gauge
*SU Rear Engine mount
*Cp-e Rear Diff Mount
*TurboSmart MBC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gmoney

Postby Gmoney » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:14

Sorry been swamped at the store, busy time for us........I am not sure if you have gotten the mount yet Eric? I will try to get something up Thursday if that helps.
Greg
*CP-e CAI
*Turbo Inlet
*ETS 3.5" TMIC
*SU Test Pipe
*RPM Street Springs
*AeroForce Gauge
*SU Rear Engine mount
*Cp-e Rear Diff Mount
*TurboSmart MBC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gmoney

Postby Gmoney » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:14

Well, finally a breather from work and life......

Not sure if you had received the piece yet Eric, but here are some things I ran into that might make it easier for you.

The instructions that came with my mount were pretty vague.

1. Disconnect the battery

2. Jacked up the front of the car and placed on floor jacks.

3. Removed the panel under the engine, as if you were doing an oil change.

4. Now the damper is going to go into the four pre-threaded holes located next to the A/C compressor and dip stick tube. I blew out the holes as recommended with my air compressor. A lot of crap came out, glad I did.

5. Slide the damper in at an angle, put the mounting plate behind the dipstick and it should slide right in. It is pretty tight but I had no problems. Once in just leave it there, it will hang just fine.

6. Now I had a little trouble getting the cross member mount in position with the bushing in place. It took me a few times of sliding it back and forth until I was able to get it all in place. The damper can move around which made it easier. You will see the holes on the cross member itself, this is what you are to match up on the mount. The slit will accept the panel mount to slide right through. Now mine did not align perfectly on the passenger side. I had to drill out the cross member to get it right.

7. I then fitted the damper and hand threaded the four bolts(make sure you use lock washers) as far as I could. This was the most time consuming part, not much room to work with. I used the socket to give me a little more grip.

8. I then installed the bolt that puts both pieces together, and again hand tightened the nut.

9. I didn't have to use clamps as mine was a tight fit to hold the cross member mount in place. Used a 1/2" Drill to drill through the top portion of the cross member. Just used the mount as my pilot. As I said before I had to drill out the cross member on the passenger side to get it to align perfect(fun). Install the bolts and self locking nuts and tighten to 45ft/lbs.

10. Tighten the dampers four bolts, three are easy to get to with a 15mm socket and wrench. The forth is best done from the top under the intake manifold. It recommends a short wrench(I did not have one) so made do with the socket, only a few cuss words were spoken.

11. Torque the bushing bolt to 45 ft/lbs and recheck all the bolt are tight.

12. You will have to trim the panel some to get it to fit flush again when reinstalling it.

Enjoy the new sense of control.......:D
*CP-e CAI
*Turbo Inlet
*ETS 3.5" TMIC
*SU Test Pipe
*RPM Street Springs
*AeroForce Gauge
*SU Rear Engine mount
*Cp-e Rear Diff Mount
*TurboSmart MBC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

firestoned

Postby firestoned » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:14

thanks Greg, mount is here, but I am not getting filthy dirty today, It will have to wait for a nicer day to install. If I have any questions, I will let you know. Thanks again

firestoned

Postby firestoned » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:14

Install went pretty good considering, I guess.... That top bolt is a bitch to get to DAMN...

Gmoney

Postby Gmoney » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:14

firestoned wrote:Install went pretty good considering, I guess.... That top bolt is a bitch to get to DAMN...

How many bleeding knuckles? I know it took me close to an hour between all the cussing and mini breaks for my sanity.

Have you had a chance to take it for a spin, what are your thoughts? I love the thing, huge difference IMO. Well worth the effort, feels alot tighter, more control, ect......

Hope you enjoy it as much as myself........Greg

P.S. now that I have been using the heat more I do notice a lot more vibration at idle when the front defrost is on. In the summer you will know its there every time the A/C is on. Its normal........so they say
*CP-e CAI
*Turbo Inlet
*ETS 3.5" TMIC
*SU Test Pipe
*RPM Street Springs
*AeroForce Gauge
*SU Rear Engine mount
*Cp-e Rear Diff Mount
*TurboSmart MBC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

firestoned

Postby firestoned » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:14

Gmoney wrote:How many bleeding knuckles? I know it took me close to an hour between all the cussing and mini breaks for my sanity.

Have you had a chance to take it for a spin, what are your thoughts? I love the thing, huge difference IMO. Well worth the effort, feels alot tighter, more control, ect......

Hope you enjoy it as much as myself........Greg

P.S. now that I have been using the heat more I do notice a lot more vibration at idle when the front defrost is on. In the summer you will know its there every time the A/C is on. Its normal........so they say

about 2hours here...i tried mounting the bushing first, and couldnt get the plate to go in. But all is good, I do have 2 bloody knuckes on my left hand, lol....broke 2 bits going thru the frame (cheap bits)... I only went across the street for lunch, so no real impressions yet.. and yes, I definitely notice more vibration, even at idle..Im headed home here in a bit, Ill get a chance to see if I feel anything.

How did you get to that top inner bolt? I ended up finally getting a ratchet and extension on it FROM THE TOP!?!

Thanks again for the help..

Gmoney

Postby Gmoney » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:14

firestoned wrote:
How did you get to that top inner bolt? I ended up finally getting a ratchet and extension on it FROM THE TOP!?!

Thanks again for the help..

I did the same, if I remember a 3/8's ratchet and a 6" extension. Some how wiggled it between everything and caught the bolt from the top. Glad to hear it was a success. Sucks about the bits, that is some tough stuff. As far as vibration, I get some just at idle and low rpm revs. Plus any time the engine cooling fan kicks in. You will get used to it, or at least I have....
*CP-e CAI
*Turbo Inlet
*ETS 3.5" TMIC
*SU Test Pipe
*RPM Street Springs
*AeroForce Gauge
*SU Rear Engine mount
*Cp-e Rear Diff Mount
*TurboSmart MBC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]