Insane military discount on Oakleys

Post up any Craigslist, Ebay, or any link to a good deal we might be interested in!
Sixburgher

Postby Sixburgher » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:14

Cesaros wrote:your not sending a full copy of your card...its the picture and name...same information one could find in your highschool yearbook....

basically just the upper left 1in x 3/4in area that says US Govt, picture, lastname. not even the security hologram is present.

i realize your all extremely worried about opsec...(i also realize half of you don't know what that is..)...but im sure oakley would have done away with this sending in of proof of service if it was extremely vital to national security that we don't fax a face and a name.

Percisely what the site and I had stated. If I knew everyone was going to get butt hurt about showing ONLY the name and the pic from the CAC, I wouldn't have even posted. Not really sure why everyone is reading waaaaaay too far into it.

This is pulled directly from the site:
Q:What kind of identification do you need?
A:You may submit a copy of your Military/Government ID, business card, or a copy of your pay stub (please feel free to black out any unnecessary information. We just need to see your name and who you work for).

Xray_Chica

Postby Xray_Chica » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:14

You signed something the very first time you were issued a CAC card...they typically will use that signature for every single card from then on.

BELIEVE me...I am the LAST person that could give a poo about national security, I was just pointing out the facts. You are talking to the same person who wrote my Congressman asking for a 50% discount on gas because I fought for my country. To me it only seeems right. I love military discounts and I think that there are way too few but I also do not think that you should jeopardize your identity. It is more for your protection than the gov.
Enjoy the perks ya'll.

Sixburgher

Postby Sixburgher » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:14

Xray_Chica wrote:You signed something the very first time you were issued a CAC card...they typically will use that signature for every single card from then on.

BELIEVE me...I am the LAST person that could give a poo about national security, I was just pointing out the facts. You are talking to the same person who wrote my Congressman asking for a 50% discount on gas because I fought for my country. To me it only seeems right. I love military discounts and I think that there are way too few but I also do not think that you should jeopardize your identity. It is more for your protection than the gov.
Enjoy the perks ya'll.

Hmmm very interesting idea. When I was stationed in Germany, I got a majority of my shop to sign a petition letter stating that every business in the US should give a minimum of a 15% discount to military members. So, in essence it would be like a pay raise but with no extra money involved. If everything we bought went down 15%, then we could buy more with the same amount of pay. Les than 1% of the US population is DoD...hook us up damn! lol

Stealth01

Postby Stealth01 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:14

Admittedly, I didn't read the site's requirements for just the picture. And yes, I care about OPSEC AND I know exactly what it is, since I've been in the intelligence business for 25 years.

But it's too late. Our CACs are already copied:

http://markerent.mybisi.com/products/Personalized-Collectible-Area-51-CAC_50350/?page1

Now ANYONE can get into Area 51!!
Stealth01
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

Cesaros

Postby Cesaros » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:14

Stealth01 wrote:Admittedly, I didn't read the site's requirements for just the picture. And yes, I care about OPSEC AND I know exactly what it is, since I've been in the intelligence business for 25 years.

But it's too late. Our CACs are already copied:

http://markerent.mybisi.com/products/Personalized-Collectible-Area-51-CAC_50350/?page1

Now ANYONE can get into Area 51!!

BWAHAHAHA...wow, and I can assure you alot of us SF guys wont question that, considering noone has ever questioned my dads TSS Delta badge (or whatever the hell it was called)...just has his picture says "property of US Government" and has a color code. looks fake as hell, but will get him on ANY military installation and into most every building no matter the clearance required.

T-time

Postby T-time » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:14

Xray_Chica wrote:You signed something the very first time you were issued a CAC card...they typically will use that signature for every single card from then on.

Enjoy the perks ya'll.

no i did not. i look at everything i sign.

i hardly ever ask for military discount unless im back home in nj (they need to be reminded that people fight for their right to be hippies)

there are too many military people in the springs that are d-bags
[size=84]Reclaim the Republic. Restore the Constitution.[/SIZE]

Return to “Good Deals and Purchase Feedback”