Insane military discount on Oakleys

Post up any Craigslist, Ebay, or any link to a good deal we might be interested in!
Sixburgher

Insane military discount on Oakleys

Postby Sixburgher » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:14

USStandardIssue
I bought a pair of polarized Gascans from them for $80. Really good deal considering they are $145 sans discount. Membership is free, you just have to send them a pic of your CAC (Common Access Card). It usually gets approved within a day.

Also, military.com has a pretty big collection of military discounts across the country.

AIM WO4

Postby AIM WO4 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:14

I need some assault gloves.
AIM WO4
[color=#339966][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=gray]CMZƆ[/color][/color][/font]
[size=75]2012 Sinful Sallow, Evo X GSR[/SIZE]

Stealth01

Postby Stealth01 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:14

You sent an image of your official use only CAC to a non-government, commercial company over the unsecure internet?
Stealth01
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

T-time

Postby T-time » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:14

tell me.... were on the cac card does it say official use only
[size=84]Reclaim the Republic. Restore the Constitution.[/SIZE]

Cesaros

Postby Cesaros » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:14

Stealth01 wrote:You sent an image of your official use only CAC to a non-government, commercial company over the unsecure internet?

have u ever shown your CAC for a military discount...at say a movie theatre? (if no, then your lying to yourself..haha)

seems like that's definitely not for official use.

Sixburgher

Postby Sixburgher » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:14

Stealth01 wrote:You sent an image of your official use only CAC to a non-government, commercial company over the unsecure internet?

If you would have read the site, the only thing required in the pic is your name and picture. Nothing else. Just proof that you're in the military. Stand down soldier! lol.

AIM WO4

Postby AIM WO4 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:14

What movie theater? :o

I always ask, and never!! :D

Cesaros wrote:have u ever shown your CAC for a military discount...at say a movie theatre? (if no, then your lying to yourself..haha)

seems like that's definitely not for official use.
AIM WO4

[color=#339966][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=gray]CMZƆ[/color][/color][/font]

[size=75]2012 Sinful Sallow, Evo X GSR[/SIZE]

Cesaros

Postby Cesaros » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:14

AIM WO4 wrote:What movie theater? :o

I always ask, and never!! :D

haha...i went to a movie theatre down off wadsworth last month..the ticket guy was 'starstruck' when i asked if they gave military discounts and flashed my ID...was a little creepy.

rx8ghost

Postby rx8ghost » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:14

Thanks for posting this! I wanted a pair of Gascans too but I was gonna get some wiley-xs cuz they are cheapers but now I'm back to the Gascans and the 30 day wait for mail...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mods:
Veilside D1-GT Body kit, Axailflow Short Shifter, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, Proshift Gauges, Greddy Turbo Kit w/ Cobb AccessPORT, TurboXS exhaust w/ race pipe, CarPC, Synapse BOV, AEM Intake

rx8ghost

Postby rx8ghost » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:14

Thanks for posting this! I wanted a pair of Gascans too but I was gonna get some wiley-xs cuz they are cheapers but now I'm back to the Gascans and the 30 day wait for mail...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mods:
Veilside D1-GT Body kit, Axailflow Short Shifter, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, Proshift Gauges, Greddy Turbo Kit w/ Cobb AccessPORT, TurboXS exhaust w/ race pipe, CarPC, Synapse BOV, AEM Intake

Xray_Chica

Postby Xray_Chica » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:14

It is actually illegal to furnish any agency with a copy of your CAC (heehee) unless you blow it up by <10%. You actually sign an agreement (it is the small print) that comes with the paperwork you sign when you get your ID card. You may SHOW your CAC, however it is illegal to furnish anyone with a copy.

Cesaros

Postby Cesaros » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:14

thanks for reminding us with information that applies with ALL I.D. cards. :D

Stealth01

Postby Stealth01 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:14

Yeah, what XRay Chica said! I knew I'd been trained that way...during 20 years in the AF....
Stealth01

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

Cesaros

Postby Cesaros » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:14

your not sending a full copy of your card...its the picture and name...same information one could find in your highschool yearbook....

basically just the upper left 1in x 3/4in area that says US Govt, picture, lastname. not even the security hologram is present.

i realize your all extremely worried about opsec...(i also realize half of you don't know what that is..)...but im sure oakley would have done away with this sending in of proof of service if it was extremely vital to national security that we don't fax a face and a name.

T-time

Postby T-time » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:14

you got a pdf of the dd form you sign when you get your id card? cuz i've went through 3 cac cards (they are so cheap) and never signed any paperwork or even a digital form
[size=84]Reclaim the Republic. Restore the Constitution.[/SIZE]

Return to “Good Deals and Purchase Feedback”