Anyone Want An Evo MR?

Post up any Craigslist, Ebay, or any link to a good deal we might be interested in!
erod550

Postby erod550 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:14

That's my main complaint with tiptronic autos is they are often slow to shift, plus it's hard to launch because you can't just hold in the clutch while keeping the rpms up. With these paddle shifter autos, how do you launch them? Do they have something that allows you to hold the brake or something to rev it without killing your brakes?

I'd love to drive an Evo X if I could keep my payments where they are but I hate that stripe. A white Evo X is a sexy beast though for sure.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

mOOsE

Postby mOOsE » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:14

OCD wrote:the new EVO only comes in the automatic transmission.. manual transmission isnt even an option

and trust me, that twin clutch automatic transmission is faster than ANYBODY can shift a manual transmission's gears... its simply AMAZING

incorrect.
EVO X GSR = Manual
EVO MR + MR Touring = SST

That's about the average price IMO for a used 2008 MR. 2008 was the first year and I have seen ones with lower miles in the 20's actually...without the awesome stripes.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=280610648&dealer_id=100016050&car_year=2008&rdm=1276526717750&lastStartYear=1981&model=LANCERMITS&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2008&keywordsfyc=__ZXZv__&keywordsrep=101118111&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=75&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&make=MIT&keywords_display=evo&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceASC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceASC&address=80516&advanced=y&end_year=2011&doors=&transmission=Automatic&max_price=&cardist=85&standard=false

erod550 wrote:That's my main complaint with tiptronic autos is they are often slow to shift, plus it's hard to launch because you can't just hold in the clutch while keeping the rpms up. With these paddle shifter autos, how do you launch them? Do they have something that allows you to hold the brake or something to rev it without killing your brakes?

yeah, def not the same as a tiptronic auto... those are standard slush-boxes with a manual shift capability. the EVO X MR does have a hidden launch mode that allows you to rev the engine while holding the brake. Once the brake releases the transmission engages.

bellalyssa

Postby bellalyssa » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:14

I have a friend that has one of these... it's fast. He's done a lot with the tuning on it, messed with maps, exhaust, springs, shocks etc. He still needs help with getting the tune right though, when you shift (with the paddle shifters) it shoots blue flame balls out the exhaust lol. It's pretty sick. But his is that dark grey that Mitsubishi has... sexy all the way around.
2004 Mazda3s Hatchback: Totalled
2002 Audi A4 Avant: Sold

2013 Subaru WRX 5-door: Stage 1

06SpiceRed

Postby 06SpiceRed » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:14

bellalyssa wrote:I have a friend that has one of these... it's fast. He's done a lot with the tuning on it, messed with maps, exhaust, springs, shocks etc. He still needs help with getting the tune right though, when you shift (with the paddle shifters) it shoots blue flame balls out the exhaust lol. It's pretty sick. But his is that dark grey that Mitsubishi has... sexy all the way around.

I take it your talking about Brandon right? yea that thing is stupid fast and it got there quickly. Im glad he got rid of the TT to build this up.
[color="Red"]Drives a loud, fast, caged, and dumped girls car thats APR Tuned[/color]
ImageImage
Sponsored by Finishline Autoworks

bellalyssa

Postby bellalyssa » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:14

How do you know Brandon?! But yes I'm talking about him. I loved that TT as well though... But this is much much faster.

06SpiceRed

Postby 06SpiceRed » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:14

bellalyssa wrote:How do you know Brandon?! But yes I'm talking about him. I loved that TT as well though... But this is much much faster.

Im the one that first got him into Metrodubs lol. Been there for both cars and helped him get his first mods going. We met through another forum a while back when he was just starting out. That TT is pretty sweet, great looking car but Im glad he decided to move on to the MR cause in the long run its gonna be way more fun ( if his tranny holds up :lol: )
[color="Red"]Drives a loud, fast, caged, and dumped girls car thats APR Tuned[/color]

ImageImage

Sponsored by Finishline Autoworks

bellalyssa

Postby bellalyssa » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:14

06SpiceRed wrote:Im the one that first got him into Metrodubs lol. Been there for both cars and helped him get his first mods going. We met through another forum a while back when he was just starting out. That TT is pretty sweet, great looking car but Im glad he decided to move on to the MR cause in the long run its gonna be way more fun ( if his tranny holds up :lol: )

Wow, that's awesome. I def didn't know that.

It seems like he's getting the kinks worked out. He's getting a lot of help from forum guys and his roommates who are also gearheads. Slowly but surely it's beginning to work better.

Return to “Good Deals and Purchase Feedback”