Anyone Want An Evo MR?

Post up any Craigslist, Ebay, or any link to a good deal we might be interested in!
Stealth01

Anyone Want An Evo MR?

Postby Stealth01 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:14

Bob Penkhus at Powers has this one. 2008 MR. Saw it when I was there getting the MS6 oil changed. The features are there, and it's a certified pre-owned with a little factory warranty left and a dealer warranty too. They're asking $31K according to the salesman I talked to. That's 4500 UNDER Kelly Blue Book.

Too rich for my blood, but if someone's interested, PM me. I'll give you the sales person's name and if you mention I sent you...I get a referral fee.

Stealth01
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

tbot

Postby tbot » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:14

meh its automatic...but i guess thats better than the 6spd manual...beyond basic bolt on's you'll have issues w/ the tranny holding that much power.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Stealth01

It's the paddle-shifter auto, though, isn't it?
Stealth01

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

iani1.1

Postby iani1.1 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:14

tbot wrote:meh its automatic...but i guess thats better than the 6spd manual...beyond basic bolt on's you'll have issues w/ the tranny holding that much power.

untrue. transmissions dont die mostly because of power, its heat. look at the gtr, the mr has almost the exact transmission as the gtr. i got to tear one apart while i was in school and its a pretty straightforward autotrans with manually controlled shift solenoids that shift alot faster than manual trans.

plus manual transmission are starting to become a thing of the past. theyre starting to use the same technology as ferrari's transmissions. no synchros nor shift linkages all hydraulic pressure which is waaay better than the conventional manual transmission.

it comes with one type of transmission i believe. if only i had some cash to blow off on an lancer.

Stealth01

If I could manage to keep my payments where they are, I'd snatch that Evo up in a heartbeat. But tbot is right -- the trannies are weak when you go over 400 HP.
Stealth01

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT

tbot

Postby tbot » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:14

I meant the manual transmissions are weak...and the auto was better...exactly what I said lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iani1.1

lol i got noobed.

anyways i might think about this. i can probably handle the payments easily once i sell my rx7. i need a grown up daily driver. i just dont like that stripe.

Stealth01

Dude, if you go, tell me and drop my name as referring you. The Penkhus guys know me, and I'll get some $$ for the mod fund. LOL.
Stealth01

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT

bellalyssa

Postby bellalyssa » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:14

Yeah... but not with that paint job... that's gotta go.
2004 Mazda3s Hatchback: Totalled
2002 Audi A4 Avant: Sold

2013 Subaru WRX 5-door: Stage 1

Stealth01

Love the white. Hate the "Please arrest me" stripe.
Stealth01

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT

Dange

Postby Dange » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:14

manuals may become a thing of the past and at that point i will only buy used cars.. yes the manumatic bs is faster and stronger and superior, but i buy a car based on how fun it is. if i only cared about fast i wouldn't own a miata. i could have afforded a much faster car.
there is just something about the ability to shift through gears with a mechanical feel. you lose that when you have a set of buttons to do it for you
04MSMGT

Stealth01

Dange wrote:manuals may become a thing of the past and at that point i will only buy used cars.. yes the manumatic bs is faster and stronger and superior, but i buy a car based on how fun it is. if i only cared about fast i wouldn't own a miata. i could have afforded a much faster car.
there is just something about the ability to shift through gears with a mechanical feel. you lose that when you have a set of buttons to do it for you

I think a true manual is an advantage in a turning race, but the manumatics and the paddle-shifter types are a definite advantage in a straight line race, and that's what's popular.

I'd like to try out the MR just to see what it can do around a track, or driving it in the curvy roads.
Stealth01

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:14

Dange wrote:manuals may become a thing of the past and at that point i will only buy used cars.. yes the manumatic bs is faster and stronger and superior, but i buy a car based on how fun it is. if i only cared about fast i wouldn't own a miata. i could have afforded a much faster car.

+1, absolutely. I have so much more fun driving the 7 than the Civic, but that's probably equally due to the obvious fact that one is a sports car and one is an econobox lol. But still, whatever I drive, I want it to be a manual. Unless I'll be doing a lot of eating, computer work or whatever while driving and I need the extra hand. lol

iani1.1

agreed nothing can compare to the fun of driving a manual. but then again im pretty lazy so i wouldnt really mind which setup id get.

Eclipse

Postby Eclipse » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:14

the new EVO only comes in the automatic transmission.. manual transmission isnt even an option

and trust me, that twin clutch automatic transmission is faster than ANYBODY can shift a manual transmission's gears... its simply AMAZING

Return to “Good Deals and Purchase Feedback”