MAC Autosport - Coming across sketch again....

Post up any Craigslist, Ebay, or any link to a good deal we might be interested in!
iani1.1

Postby iani1.1 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:14

theyre good for a tune... but thats about it

reconbygod12

Postby reconbygod12 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:14

i think their personally the best tuners in the state...but i think their more into workingon evo's nad subas
2008 wrx sedan-new love
09 cwp mazdaspeed 3 GT-gone
04 mazda 6s-gone

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:14

Well if I ever did go there it would be for a tune and nothing more, but I'm even skeptical of that.

Eclipse

Postby Eclipse » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:14

They did the same shit to me with the fab work on my manifold. Had my mani and EWG for 2 weeks, never ****in even touched it.. Went there in person after many failed attempts on the phone, and they tell me that they need the car in the shop in order to do any fab work... but yet when I dropped the parts off, the y said, "No Problem.. a couple days and we will have it done..."

Bertha

Postby Bertha » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:14

Shitty... Glad to hear it may end better of than it could have.

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:14

When I dyno'ed there and did self tuning, they were accommodating and nice.

Nick is a good guy and a solid tuner, but he doesn't run the shop. Bill does and he's an ***.

Regardless, if you need a tune, I recommend Harvey at Boost Creep now. He's an outstanding tuner and an all around great guy, and runs a much better shop than MAC. He's a magician with the AccessPORT, and most other EMS'.

Of course, if you need a rotary tune, you guys know to hit me up ;)
:eek:

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:14

You can't write fiction stranger than this....

So I go to MAC at like 1:00 today to get my check. Bill hooks it up and issues me a company check, and then proceeds to tell me.. And these were pretty much verbatim his words...

"We were expecting to have to do some troubleshooting in parallel with your old solenoid, so it's hooked up too. We can have a guy pull it, if you got 10 minutes."

I tell him no.

I then basically just doublecheck what he tells me, paraphrasing it back to him. I think my exact words were to the affect of "So when I take this to Mazda, I just need to tell their tech that two boost solenoids are where there is normally one?

He says "Yup."

To which I proceed: "Which one is hooked up?"
<pause....>

Bill tells me "The new one."

And I leave with my check in hand for a complete refund, minus the purchase price of my new boost solenoid. Which allegedly is now installed next to a second boost solenoid somehow-or-another. (?!?) I'll see what Mazda says. If there aren't two boost solenoid in my engine when they look at it, and 1 of which doesn't look brand new, I'm going to sue MAC Autosport.

: perplexed :
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

This is Bunny. Bunny has the following mods: BNR Supercars GT28RS TC - Mazdaspeed CAI - ACT Streetlite CK - Vibrant TIP - Extreme Turbo Systems TMIC - SLS Performance TP - Magnaflow CBE - James Barone Racing SSP & HSK - Cobb AP - Xcarlink iPod integrator - VG Sharkfin - RX-8 Wheels - Fiber Images CF Hood w/BCM accents

dommo_g

Postby dommo_g » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:14

I really started to think that place could **** off ever since the last dyno day our club had there. Nick, as always, was super awesome to everyone, but Bill could give a shit less if you're bringing a bunch of money to his shop for a day.

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:14

Yeah, Nick is super nice. Far more of a straight shooter than his dad, or younger brother.
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

This is Bunny. Bunny has the following mods: BNR Supercars GT28RS TC - Mazdaspeed CAI - ACT Streetlite CK - Vibrant TIP - Extreme Turbo Systems TMIC - SLS Performance TP - Magnaflow CBE - James Barone Racing SSP & HSK - Cobb AP - Xcarlink iPod integrator - VG Sharkfin - RX-8 Wheels - Fiber Images CF Hood w/BCM accents

erod550

Postby erod550 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:14

Yea, even though I have had good experiences with the shop, Bill has always come off as a complete *** to me. Don't even get him started if you're catless too. He will lecture you all over the place. And he'll tell you not to install stiffer motor mounts cause you'll hate the vibrations, right after your engine just bucked the fan right off the intercooler cause it flexed so much and it's very obvious you need them lol.

Nick has always been great. I'm very jealous of his LS7 GTO.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

Eclipse

Postby Eclipse » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:14

Having two solenoids installed inline is a sure halfass way to send a customers car away. I find it very hard to believe that what hes telling you is true. Id love to see a photo of the solenoid on your car now, is that possible?
Please post photo asap, this is getting comical

I`m Batman

Postby I`m Batman » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:14

Wow, I guess I won't be going there. I'm curious to see the 2 solenoids too.
Image Image

datsun_d

Postby datsun_d » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:14

Not to be a dick, but in regards to the interlock, I can tell you that any car with an interlock is twice the hassle of a normal car. It does not surprise me that they didn't want to work on it. I have a very hard time trying to convince one of my techs to work on such a car, especially when its a driveability complaint which requires a lot of starting the car. Honestly if I was a speed shop I would refuse to work on interlocks, not only more work for the tech but as shop manager I should not have to sit on the phone waiting to talk to the interlock company, huge waste of time. /end rant

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:14

OCD wrote:Having two solenoids installed inline is a sure halfass way to send a customers car away. I find it very hard to believe that what hes telling you is true. Id love to see a photo of the solenoid on your car now, is that possible?
Please post photo asap, this is getting comical

I don't even know where that part is located. Should I be able to open up the hood and see it, topside?

You feel like wrenching on this for me, Eric? :D
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:14

datsun_d wrote:Not to be a dick, but in regards to the interlock, I can tell you that any car with an interlock is twice the hassle of a normal car. It does not surprise me that they didn't want to work on it. I have a very hard time trying to convince one of my techs to work on such a car, especially when its a driveability complaint which requires a lot of starting the car. Honestly if I was a speed shop I would refuse to work on interlocks, not only more work for the tech but as shop manager I should not have to sit on the phone waiting to talk to the interlock company, huge waste of time. /end rant

Fair enough, but they could have stated that in the beginning and I wouldn't have minded one bit. Instead, they tried to play their "everything is cool" routine, and so goes the abortion of this story. So while what your saying is valid, it still doesn't discount anything and everything that I've stated about MAC. I mean seriously.... Why even take the job, if right from jump, they know it's going to be something inconvenient to them?

And really... It's not that hard to bypass those Interlocks. Even Adam himself told me (after he finally called Smart Start), that there is a couple plugs that you can unhook, that defeats the system. The car operates like normal at that point.

Not too big of a sideache to make some good money off of me, and have a continued loyal customer, I don't think. (?)
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

Return to “Good Deals and Purchase Feedback”