Welcome to Colorado Automotive Enthusiasts!

Huzer

Welcome to Colorado Automotive Enthusiasts!

Postby Huzer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:14

Welcome aboard to the new site. If you have any problems or comments, please let us know.

I apologize for the downtime today, but it was necessary to get the boards moved over, and to get it done correctly. I hope all functionality is working. At first glance, it appears to be, and the team will be working to update styles, images and a new home page as well.

Shadowden

Re: Welcome to Colorado Automotive Enthusiasts!

Postby Shadowden » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:14

Thanks for all of your hard work. I appreciate it. Looking forward to cleaning up and hopefully getting people active again.

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:14

Thanks. It was definitely a learning experience, but I've gotten a little more familiar with how things work. I hope we can customize styles a bit soon and that we can make this site active again. We'll have to spread the word about our little forum. Maybe word of mouth at places like Cars and Coffee, other meets, at the track, etc. Our "business cards" that we had in the past seemed to work well too.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:14

Huzer wrote:Thanks. It was definitely a learning experience, but I've gotten a little more familiar with how things work. I hope we can customize styles a bit soon and that we can make this site active again. We'll have to spread the word about our little forum. Maybe word of mouth at places like Cars and Coffee, other meets, at the track, etc. Our "business cards" that we had in the past seemed to work well too.

AS you said, I think once everyone getting out driving again will be beneficial. Linking in with the track day and auto cross guys, going to some casual car events, etc. will get people more connected. Especially since most of the folks active now are actually car people.

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:14

Apologies for the outages yesterday and today. The hosting company had several DDoS attacks over the course of the past 24 hours.

Ranger

Postby Ranger » Mon May 11, 2015 9:14

Heyyy good to see this place still exists! I was surprised to get some emails that threads I posted in years ago were replied to. Haha. Haven't owned a Mazda since I sold my FD back in 2012, so I (obviously) stopped posting, but I always enjoyed chatting here. Seems like most of the time we were talking about other cars anyway :ph34r: I'm quickly turning into a Honda guy myself...daily driver is an '08 Civic Si, and I'm about to get an Integra for a project.

Are you guys by chance behind this reddit group? Similar name and lots of Miatas there...

http://www.reddit.com/r/DenverAutoEnthusiasts

Side note, really want to update my avatar, but there's a size limit of 6 KiB. Even a 90x90 image (which is the max now) is going to be bigger than that :) I got one down to 19 KB and that's tiny...

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Tue May 12, 2015 9:14

I've updated the avatar settings.

Ranger

Postby Ranger » Tue May 12, 2015 9:14

Thanks, but it didn't seem to do anything, at least for me...now I'm stuck with the smileys. LOL

"Maximum dimensions; width: 90 pixels, height: 90 pixels, file size: 6.00 KiB."

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Tue May 12, 2015 9:14

Somehow, it reset. I changed it again. Hopefully it sticks this time.

Ranger

Postby Ranger » Tue May 12, 2015 9:14

Yes indeed!

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Wed May 13, 2015 9:14

Ranger wrote:Heyyy good to see this place still exists! I was surprised to get some emails that threads I posted in years ago were replied to. Haha. Haven't owned a Mazda since I sold my FD back in 2012, so I (obviously) stopped posting, but I always enjoyed chatting here. Seems like most of the time we were talking about other cars anyway :ph34r: I'm quickly turning into a Honda guy myself...daily driver is an '08 Civic Si, and I'm about to get an Integra for a project.

Are you guys by chance behind this reddit group? Similar name and lots of Miatas there...

http://www.reddit.com/r/DenverAutoEnthusiasts

Side note, really want to update my avatar, but there's a size limit of 6 KiB. Even a 90x90 image (which is the max now) is going to be bigger than that :) I got one down to 19 KB and that's tiny...

Nope, different group. The Si is a nice daily. The teggy will be a great project. What year/engine is it? What are your plans for it? Didn['t you have an S2000 as well that got hit by hail?

Ranger

Postby Ranger » Wed May 13, 2015 9:14

Hah, that's funny. I haven't met any of that group yet, but a good friend of mine has gone to a couple meets, and says they seem to be a like-minded group of car nuts. They have a weekly cruise night that I'm hoping to go to soon, so I might post how it goes---they also are a new group, and being that I'm posting about them here, I'll bring up this board over there too. Good exposure for both.

Yup, I had an S2000 that was hail damaged. To the tune of $7500+ worth of repair, covered by insurance. I ended up selling it to a guy from Alberta who didn't care that it had body work done, and was stoked to find a clean S2000 at my asking price. They apparently are super rare up there.

I don't actually own an Integra yet, won't happen until I sell my current project (a 2000 Mustang GT), but I'm looking at a 3rd gen. Preferably '94 for the lower emissions standards of OBD I cars. I might go for a '90-93 for that reason, but I like the DC chassis better. Plan is track prepped suspension first, then LS turbo. Low boost from an efficient turbo on a stock block, shooting for 225-250 WHP, but I care more about having a good powerband. Two of my closest friends are doing the exact same thing, and they have me convinced it's the most bang for the buck out there---running Integras can be had for < $2000 easily, and Honda parts are soooo cheap.

The Si, despite being a daily, I have a few things I want to do to it: Intake (and maybe exhaust), tune for a bit more power and to lower VTEC engagement point (it's awkwardly placed from the factory), shocks (110K on the originals) and a mild drop. But that may or may not happen, because my money will mostly go toward getting the Integra track ready.

geo2maz

Postby geo2maz » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:14

anyone know how to change the sorting order on posts so that it shows the newest towards the top?

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:14

Right below the last post in a thread, there is a menu for Display post, Sort by, Post Time - options are Ascending or Descending.

geo2maz

Postby geo2maz » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:14

doesn't seem to work at the higher level, like when i click 'forum' then 'Colorado Automotive Enthusiasts News and Info', even though its set to sort by post-time/descending, it still shows older ones first-oh maybe those are stickies?
Just seems like i can never tell where the new posts are

Return to “Colorado Automotive Enthusiasts News and Info”